The Startup Visa is a residence Visa for entrepreneurs offered by IAPMEI and aims to attract investment, talent, and capacity for innovation in Portugal.
Entrepreneurs who want to establish an innovative company or transfer or develop their Startup and business projects to Portugal can apply for this type of Visa. This scheme covers up to 5 entrepreneurs in each project who are granted residence Visas.
The first Visa granted to a person will be valid for two years, after which it can extend for three years. After 5 years, the applicant can obtain a Portuguese passport.
- This type of Visa is a fast way to obtain a residence permit in Portugal.
- You can live and work in Portugal through this Visa.
- You can travel freely to Schengen countries without a Visa.
- You can get an accompanying Visa for your family members or dependents.
- You do not need a Portuguese language certificate.
- After 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence or citizenship.
Startup Incubator is a collaborative program designed to help new Startups succeed. Incubators help entrepreneurs solve some problems usually associated with launching a Startup by providing seed capital, workspace, training, and mentoring. The sole purpose of the Startup incubator is to help entrepreneurs to grow and develop their businesses.
One of the benefits of the Portugal Startup Visa is to receive an accompanying Visa for the applicant's family to immigrate to Portugal. Family members and dependents include the following people:
- Spouse or life partner
- Children under 18 years old
- Children aged 18 or older who are mentally incompetent.
- Children aged 18 or older who are unmarried or financially dependent on the family.
- Parents of the applicant who are financially dependent.
- Parents of the applicant's spouse who are financially dependent.
The entrepreneurship Visa program was launched in 2018 by the Portuguese government to attract entrepreneurial talent and investors from other countries.
This program aims to provide residency and entrepreneurial incentives to professionals and investors to transfer knowledge and technology to Portugal. Currently, 1% of the total GDP of Portugal is formed by the activities of innovative companies and entrepreneurial programs.
- Every entrepreneurial investor has a work and employment permit from arrival in Portugal.
- Spouse and children under 18 of an entrepreneur similarly receive Portuguese residency, and the investor's spouse has a work and employment permit.
- The investor and his/her family will first receive a two-year residence card and then a three-year residence card automatically. They can apply for citizenship at the end of five years of residency.
- The entrepreneur must only be over 18 years old and does not need to have any specialized degree.
All entrepreneurs and investors from all over the world can apply for this program.
- Have no legal residence in the Schengen area.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- The minimum age to receive residency is 18 years.
- Have a capital of at least 5,300 € in the bank.
What Itugal offers to you
The Executive Process of Obtaining Residency
Registration of Portuguese residency application by Itugal on behalf of the applicant
Receiving the invitation from the Portuguese government by Itugal and presenting it to the applicant
Registration of the Visa application to the Portuguese embassy by the applicant in cooperation with Itugal
Attending the immigration office and applying for a two-year resident card
End of the second year of residence, an extension of residency for another 3 years
- Passport with at least one year of validity
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Above 18 years old
- Education degree
- Bank account printout with the equivalent of 10,000 €
- Not having residence from other Schengen areas
In addition to the above, you will need the following documents to apply for a Startup Visa:
- Motivation letter showing your interest in developing the project in Portugal.
- Project submission file
- Portuguese tax number and social security number
Itugal Investment Group will receive the tax number and social security number of Portugal in the shortest possible time with a power of attorney and without the need for you to be in Portugal.
Do not worry! You can easily get your Startup Visa. The experienced and professional team of Itugal is with you on the way to immigrating to Portugal through the Startup Visa and will guide you in this way.
Itugal Group has more than 10 years of experience in investing, creating, and advising businesses and residents in Europe. It started its professional activity in 2010 in entrepreneurship and is currently engaged in professional activities in various fields, such as new and cutting-edge technologies, science (such as artificial intelligence, health, agriculture, blockchain, and fintech), construction and renovation, import and export, tourism and immigration.
- 170 residences in Portugal
- 150 family reunification
- 100 successful Startups
- 70 million euros investment opportunity
- 20 reconstruction and construction projects
- Opening of 500 foreign bank accounts
Itugal's multilingual team, with offices in Portugal and Iran, guides you from the beginning to the end by providing advice from experts.
We are here to accompany you to find dream houses or investments and provide successful immigration services. Itugal international team is with you every moment. So call us now.
You can wait for the call of our experts by completing the consultation and evaluation form.